For lunch today I made a quick favorite of mine, Spicy Tuna Linguine, from our Trail Cooking website. I adapted it a bit to what sounded good and the end results were so tasty! It is a very fast meal for two – and you will be eating before you know it. An easy lunch for Kirk and I today.
Spicy Tuna Pasta
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, broken into half
- 5 ounce can Tonno tuna in olive oil
- 2 Tbsp capers, drained
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp granulated garlic
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp dry bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese (canned works best in this recipe)
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil, add in the pasta and cook for time on package (mine was 4 minutes).
- Meanwhile in a bowl gently mix the tuna (with oil), olive oil, capers and seasoning together. In a small bowl stir together the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- When the pasta is done reserve ¼ cup of the water, drain the pasta. Add the tuna mixture the pot, half the reserved water and the bread crumbs. Toss to coat and add in the remaining half water, tossing.
- Serve with more cheese as desired.