To finish off our picnic lunch this afternoon we had pumpkin pudding. I made it vegan friendly. It feels like you are eating pumpkin pie. If I had some gingersnaps to crush over the pudding that would have been perfect!
- 15 ounce can pumpkin purée
- 1 2/3 cups almond milk (used sweetened original) or favorite milk
- 3 Tbsp corn starch
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp Earth Balance buttery stick
Whisk everything but the Earth Balance in a heavy medium saucepan. Put over medium heat and let cook until just bubbling, stirring often. Once bubbling it will thicken up quickly, keep whisking.
Take off the heat, stir in the Earth Balance until melted in. Divide between 4 dessert dishes and chill for a couple of hours.