Last night I made a batch of this pasta salad for our lunch today. We usually have a picnic lunch after dayhiking and today was perfect for it – after months (I kid not) of near never-ending rain and gloom it was not only SUNNY it was WARM outside. By the time we sat down to lunch the trailhead we were at was crazy. Apparently half of Seattle also decided today was perfect as well 😉
Pea and Olive Pasta Salad
- 12 ounce box tri-color rotini pasta
- 1 can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 cup frozen green peas (preferably unsalted)
- ¼ cup extra fruity tasting extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (bottled is fine) 1 Tbsp agave nectar, sugar or honey
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add in the pasta and cook for time on package. Add the peas to the colander, pour the hot pasta over. Rinse quickly with cold water and shake off well. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
Whisk the dressing together and pour over the pasta, stirring well.
Cover and refrigerate overnight, pack into containers for your picnic.
Serves 3 to 4.