I tried out another recipe from La Dolce Vegan!: Vegan Livin’ Made Easy, Baked Aporridgy on page 49. I adapted it (as usual) so my version is somewhat different. While it tasted overall OK, I probably won’t make it again as it was a bit too thin/soft for how we like oatmeal. It did though have a nice taste and if one doesn’t go for a ‘rustic’ thick oatmeal they would love this.
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- ¼ tsp each: kosher salt, ground nutmeg, ground cinnamon, ground ginger
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup finely chopped pecans
- 1¾ cups water
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- Preheat the oven to 350° and spray a 1½ to 2 quart (or 8×8″) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk the wet ingredients together in a small mixing bowl, pour over the dry and whisk until combined.
- Pour into the prepared dish and bake for 45 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes and then serve.