We had leftovers of my Pineapple Lime Rice the other night so I was thinking of what to do with it, for a quick-lunch. Looking through the cupboards (and frig) I came up with this recipe. And it gets our fish intake up for Omega-3’s as a bonus.
Salmon and Peppers Teriyaki Fried Rice
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 orange bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp roasted garlic (jarred)
- 1 tsp grated ginger (jarred)
- 2 cups leftover cold brown rice (see mine)
- 6 ounce can boneless/skinless canned salmon, drained (used Bear & Wolf brand, found at Costco)
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
Heat the oil over medium heat in a large non-stick skillet, add the peppers and cook until crisp-tender. Add the garlic and ginger, cook for a minute. Add in the rice and salmon, breaking it up. Stir fry until the rice is hot.
Stir in the sauce and heat through.