It had been a while since I had made a batch of baked oatmeal and Kirk asked if I would make him some. I played around with one of my favorite recipes and altered it a bit more. It was very moist and delicious!
Banana Baked Oatmeal
• 3 cups old-fashioned oats
• ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
• ¾ cup raisins
• 2 tsp cinnamon
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1 cup original almond milk
• 3 Tbsp flaxseed meal
• 9 Tbsp water
• 1/2 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 small)
• 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Heat the oven to 350°, spray a 9×13″ baking pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine the oats through raisins.
3. In a medium mixing bowl whisk the milk, water, flaxseed meal, bananas and vanilla together, pour it over the oats.
4. Mix till well combined and pour into the prepared baking dish.
5. Bake for 40 minutes.
6. Eat warm or let cool and stash tightly covered in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes on high.