Another take on my baked oatmeal, adding finely chopped walnuts for a banana bread like breakfast treat!
Banana Walnut Baked Oatmeal
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- ¾ cup raisins
- ½ cup finely chopped raw walnuts
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup original almond milk
- 3 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- 9 Tbsp water
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 small)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Heat the oven to 350°, spray a 9×13″ baking pan with cooking spray.
In a large mixing bowl combine the oats through walnuts.
In a medium mixing bowl whisk the milk, water, flaxseed meal, bananas and vanilla together, pour it over the oats.
Mix till well combined and pour into the prepared baking dish.
Bake for 40 minutes.Eat warm or let cool and stash tightly covered in the refrigerator.
Reheat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes on high.