And what goes great with pumpkin? Pudding! This quick pudding has even the pickiest child asking for more, especially if you top it with whip cream (be it soy, coconut or the real stuff….). Alistaire was so happy as I served him his bowl, his little face was glowing. Buying boxed pudding is criminal really…it is so easy to make your own, and it can be allergy-friendly!
Can I say that pumpkin picking season cannot arrive soon enough? The boys love it!
Pumpkin & Gingersnap Pudding
- 2 cups unsweetened organic brown rice milk
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup cornstarch, arrowroot or tapioca starch
- ¼ cup pumpkin purée
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp sea salt (see note)
- 1 Tbsp Earth Balance Buttery stick or unsalted butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 box/ bag gingersnap/gingerbread cookies (Used Enjoy Life 6 ounces)
Whisk milk into dry ingredients, in a heavy, medium saucepan. Cook over medium until the pudding comes to a boil, whisking often, until pudding is thick. Take off heat, whisk in butter and vanilla. Serve warm or let cool and refrigerate.
Crumble up some of the gingersnaps, Sprinkle on top, serve with the rest to dip in the pudding.
If you use Earth Balance Buttery stick, salt to taste, as it is quite salty.