So I find this funny. Always. Cannot get my oldest son to eat a banana. Ever. But make banana muffins? He is first in line!
Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 3 large very ripe bananas, peeled
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk beverage + 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- ½ cup mini semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips, or chopped up regular ones
Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 12 count muffin tin with premium liners, such as Reynolds® StayBrite® or Wilton® ColorCups (Regular paper ones do not work well with low-fat muffins), or prep a non-stick pan with a neutral vegetable oil.
Add the bananas through vanilla to a blender, process on medium speed until smooth.
Whisk the dry ingredients together add in the wet and stir till just mixed Stir in the chocolate chips. Divide equally between the liners (they will be mostly full), rap sheet to settle. Bake for about 20 minutes, until golden on top and a toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool for 10 minutes, transfer to a cooling rack. Frost if desired.
Makes 12 muffins.