- 1 lb spaghetti, broken in half
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and diced
- 1 cup marinated artichokes, chopped small
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 2 cups lower sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp capers, undrained and not rinsed
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta for time on package and drain.
While the water comes to a boil heat a large skillet over medium heat. Heat the olive oil, add in the onion and cook till translucent, add in the artichokes and heat through. Add in the flour and garlic, stir till combined, cook for a couple of minutes. Slowly add in the chicken stock till the sauce is smooth and thickening. Stir in the capers and lemon juice. Cook over a medium low heat till bubbly and thick. Add in pepper to taste.
Pull off the heat and toss with the hot drained pasta. Toss with 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese and serve with more cheese if desired.