A vegan take on a baked oatmeal recipe I came up with in late October, I took out the eggs and swapped in flaxseed meal, used raisins (Costco lately has had some very lovely organic ones!) and used a 1/3 less sugar in my efforts to make our baked oatmeal healthier, slowly but surely! I might add that the flaxseed meal works well, you won’t miss the eggs at all!ke
Harvest Baked Oatmeal
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- ¾ cup raisins
- 2 tsp pie spice blend (or cinnamon)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup light vanilla soy milk
- 3 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- 9 Tbsp water
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 350°, spray a 9×13″ baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the oats through raisins.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk the milk, water, flaxseed meal, pumpkin and vanilla together, pour it over the oats.
- Mix till well combined and pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Eat warm or let cool and stash tightly covered in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes on high.