Lentil Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp roasted garlic (jarred)
- 2 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 4 ounce jar or tub stage 2 baby carrots
- 15 ounce Canned Lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbsp dried shallots
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp granulated sugar or favorite sweetener
- 1 lb favorite pasta, cooked
While the pasta water is coming to a boil, heat the oil over medium in a medium skillet. Add the garlic and cook for a minute, until smelling good. Add in everything else and bring to a simmer. Let cook while the pasta cooks, drain the pasta and toss together.
Serves 4 to 6.