A quick dinner for a very hot evening! Served with crunchy chips on the side
- 3 cups lower sodium vegetable broth
- 1½ cups white rice
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 15 ounce can lower sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 16 ounce jar salsa
- Corn chips
- Vegan cheddar cheeze, if desired
Bring the broth to a boil in a medium saucepan, add the rice and turn to medium-low, cook tightly covered for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile heat the oil over medium-high in a large skillet. Add the peppers and onion, cook until golden and crisp-tender. Add in the beans and salsa, heat through,
Serve the bean and veggies over the rice, serve with cheese on top and chips for dipping.