We actually had this for a light dinner (well half the batch!) and I served it with a small banana sliced on each plate with salted caramel sauce drizzled on top.
Baked Apple Oatmeal
• 3 cups old-fashioned oats
• ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
• ¾ cup raisins
• 2 tsp cinnamon
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1 cup original almond milk
• 3 Tbsp flaxseed meal
• 9 Tbsp water
• 2 Gala apples, peeled, cored and shredded
• 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Heat the oven to 350°, spray a 9×13″ baking pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine the oats through raisins.
3. In a medium mixing bowl whisk the milk, water, flaxseed meal, shredded apples and vanilla together, pour it over the oats.
4. Mix till well combined and pour into the prepared baking dish.
5. Bake for 40 minutes.
6. Eat warm or let cool and stash tightly covered in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes on high. Top with caramel sauce for even tastier breakfast!