A quick dinner for a busy night. Easy and tasty!
Mushroom Stroganoff Pasta
- 13.25 ounce package multigrain corkscrew pasta shapes
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp dried thyme, crumbled
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups lower sodium vegetable broth (or chicken broth for non-veg’s)
- 2 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot of water to boil, add the pasta and cook for time on package, drain.
Meanwhile heat a large skillet over medium heat, add the oil and onion, cook until tender, add the mushrooms and continue cooking until golden. Let come to a gentle simmer, thickening. Add the parsley and Worcestershire sauce, stirring in. Add the spices and flours, cook for a couple of minutes, stirring often. Add in the broth and stir to dissolve the flour. Turn to medium-low and add the milk and the Parmesan cheese.
Let the sauce gently bubble while the pasta cooks, add the hot cooked pasta and toss well. Serve immediately.
Serves 3 to 4.