This easy couscous salad is vegan but I cheated and had some Queso Fresco cheese crumbled on the top…there is something about that cheese which tastes so delicious!
Lentil and Couscous Salad
- ¼ cup lemon juice (bottled is fine)
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp agave syrup (or honey for non-vegan)
- 1 Tbsp dry parsley
- ¼ tsp each ground black pepper and kosher salt
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup bell peppers, chopped (frozen is fine)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup couscous
- 15-ounce can lentils, rinsed and drained (Westbrae Lentils)
Whisk the dressing together in a large bowl, add in the bell peppers and lentils. Meanwhile bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan, add in the couscous. Stir well and cover tightly, let sit off the heat for 10 minutes. Fluff up with a fork, then toss with the dressing.
Let chill for a couple of hours or overnight. Taste for seasoning and add more as needed.