I enjoy making some raw food creations – it is fun to play with the ingredients. Having said that, I am not so far into that I have gone out and purposefully bought raw base ingredients – such as raw apple cider vinegar. I continue to use what I have on hand – worrying about the total concept of “raw” isn’t my main concern. I figure – have fun and adapt recipes to what I do have on hand!
- 1 cup raw almond, soaked for 2+ hours
- ½ cup carrots, peeled and chopped (about 2)
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp slower sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 to 6 Tbsp water
- ½ tsp rosemary (dried or fresh)
- ¼ tsp thyme (fresh or dried)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
Rinse and drain the soaked almonds. Pulse a bit in a food processor. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse till reasonably smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. Start with part of the water, adding more as needed to keep smooth.
Salt to taste if desired.
Store in the refrigerator tightly sealed. Spread on crackers, bread or use as a dip for vegetables.