Herbed Tomato and Caper Pasta Sauce
- 2 14.5 ounce cans no salt added diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup drained capers
- 1 Tbsp fresh or dried onion (regular or red)
- 1 tsp roasted garlic (jarred)
- 1 Tbsp dried or fresh parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried mint leaves
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp raw agave nectar (or sugar)
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Combine everything but the oil in a food processor and pulse a few times until the sauce is mostly smooth, with small bits. Pour into a medium saucepan, stir in the oil and heat till hot.
Makes enough sauce to generously coat 1 lb of pasta.