With my In-Laws coming back yesterday morning from an Alaskan Cruise I thought maybe I better get off my ear and make a lunch salad. Using what I hand, I came up with this salad:
Peanut and Sesame Pasta Salad
- 12 ounces small pasta shapes
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 can drained sliced black olives (3.8 ounce drained weight style)
- ½ cup light sesame ginger salad dressing (or an Asian style sesame dressing depending on brand)
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter, chunky style
- 1 Tbsp sweet chili sauce (Thai style)
Bring a pot of water to a boil, add the pasta and cook till al dente. Add the peas to the colander and pour the pasta and water over them. Rinse well with cold water and shake the water off.
In a large mixing bowl whisk the dressing together, add the pasta, peas and the olives, stir to mix.
Chill for a couple hours.
Serves 6 for lunch.