The recipe needs a name, one is not coming to me though. It was an easy dinner and I enjoyed it, although in the back of mind I kept thinking how great it would have tasted with the tiny balls of fresh mozzarella mixed in…ah, that would have been perfect!
- 1 lb orzo pasta
- 15 ounce can white or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, no-salt added
- 1 cup lower sodium vegetable broth
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp raw agave nectar (or any sweetener)
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp dried oregano
Bring a tall saucepan of water to a boil, cook the orzo for time on package and drain.
Add the tomatoes (with juices), beans and broth to a large skillet over medium-low heat. Whisk up the dressing and add to the beans. Let heat through while the pasta cooks.
Once the pasta is drained add it to the bean mixture and toss to coat.
Serves 4 to 6.