I made this easy pasta salad for dinner early in the day when it was still cool earlier in the week. The romaine lettuce holds up well and doesn’t get soggy even when dressed. The baby loved it as well and ate two his small bowls worth!
Chickpeas and Romaine Pasta Salad
- 12 ounce box tri-color rotini pasta
- 15 ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 whole romaine heart, chopped small
- 1 cup low-fat ranch dressing (used a lovely yogurt based one!)
- Ranch flavor croutons for topping (if desired)
Cook the pasta to the package directions. Drain the chickpeas in a colander, pour the hot pasta over it to drain. Rinse thoroughly with cold water and shake dry.
Add to a large mixing bowl, toss with the lettuce and ¾ of the dressing, toss to coat.
Let chill thoroughly before serving.
Before serving add the remaining dressing and mix in.
Top with croutons if desired.
One thought on “Chickpeas and Romaine Pasta Salad”
This looks lovely, tasty and light 😀