I had a pound of green beans from last weekend’s farmer market and needed a quick dinner – this was an idea I had pop up in my mind and it turned out overall pretty good. Ford was happy enough he scarfed his down…..
Creamy Green Beans and Pasta
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into portions same size as the pasta
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta
- 8 ounces plain Greek style yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened milk (I used almond, any type or dairy is fine)
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp chopped chives (fresh or freeze-dried)
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese (the green can kind works best in this recipe)
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add in the green beans, let come back to a boil and then add the pasta and let cook for time on package. Drain carefully.
In a medium saucepan whisk the yogurt through nutmeg together until smooth, let cook over medium heat until bubbling, whisking often. Add the Parmesan cheese and turn the heat to low. Let simmer a bit while the pasta cooks.
Toss the sauce with the cooked pasta and serve.