I came across 30 Healthy Desserts You Can Eat Every Day on Amazon, and due to my love of raw desserts picked it up.
The desserts are luscious, be it for home or on the road, there are plenty of choices. Don’t feel you have to commit to fully raw. Use what you have on hand. Don’t have raw almond butter? Use natural peanut butter. Or Sunbutter for allergies. No raw cacao powder? Use unsweetened cocoa powder. Simple and adaptable.
Basic Recipe Fudge Balls (As adapted)
- ½ cup dates, pitted, preferably Medjool
- ½ cup nut or seed butter (raw or not, any variety will work)
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa power, raw cacao powder or carob powder
- ½ tsp pure peppermint extract (if desired) or vanilla extract
For rolling in:
- ¼ cup finely ground Shredded Coconut Unsweetened
Process the dates in a food processor until smooth (it will ball up). Add in the nut/seed butter and cocoa/cacao powder, process till mixed, scraping as needed. Add a pinch of fine sea salt if desired and flavoring, process in.
Make 1 Tablespoon balls (a 1 Tablespoon Disher works well), roll in hands to pack and smooth out. Roll in the coconut if desired (I rolled half in, left half plain). Store in the refrigerator tightly sealed.
Makes about 12 balls.