Quick to pull together, they freeze well for later treats (just let a few thaw on the counter when needed).
Oatmeal Banana Muffins
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp mashed ripe bananas, about 3 medium
- 1 cup milk (dairy or unsweetened non-dairy) + 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar, let sit for 5 minutes
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- 6 Tbsp SunButter Natural Sunflower Seed Spread
- 2 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed Meal + 6 Tbsp cool water, whisk and let sit for 10 minutes to thicken
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350° and line two 12 count muffin tins with premium foil lined paper liners.
Whisk the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl. In a large bowl whisk the wet till smooth, add the dry and stir till mixed. Divide evenly between the muffin tins.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden on top and a toothpick comes out clean (try to not stick through a chocolate chip!). Let cool for a few minutes, transfer to a cooling rack.
These freeze well after cooling.