- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup light vanilla soy-milk
- 6 ounce jar stage 3 baby bananas (½ cup)
- 1½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a muffin tray with liners (makes 6 Texas jumbo sized or 12 regular).
- Sift the dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk the wet ingredients together.
- Add the wet to the dry and whisk till just combined, some small lumps are OK to leave.
- Divide between the cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes and check with a toothpick. For jumbo size you will need to bake 25 to 30 minutes. Golden brown on top and smelling done, with a clean toothpick.
- Let cool for a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Peanut Butter Frosting
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter (smooth)
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 Tbsp light vanilla soy milk
- In a stand mixer blend the peanut butter and vanilla till smooth. Add in the powdered sugar and on low add in the milk 1 Tablespoon at a time until the frosting is smooth.
- Spread on cooled cupcakes, it will spread like a glaze and then set up.