I was starving after I got home from the gym today and craved tuna. I had an intense workout so that usually colors what I crave. The sauce pulls together in the time you have the water boiling/pasta cooked so it is very fast. I used what I had on hand, substitutions work just fine!
Now I will be good and eat a vegan whole grain dinner tonight 😉
Tomato and Tuna Pasta
- 8 ounces mini farfalle pasta
- 14.5 ounce can organic diced tomatoes
- 4.5 ounce can solid light tuna in olive oil
- 1 Tbsp freeze-dried shallots or onions (find in spice aisle)
- 1 package roasted artichokes or ½ cup drained marinated artichokes, finely chopped
- ½ tsp granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Parmesan cheese as desired
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and cook pasta for time on package (mine was 7 minutes).
- In a small saucepan bring the rest of the ingredients except for the Parmesan cheese to a simmer. Turn to medium-low and let simmer gently until the pasta is done.
- Drain the past and toss with the sauce, add a little Parmesan cheese to bind the sauce and plate, adding extra cheese as desired.