I adapted this recipe out of The Everything Vegan Cookbook, on page 154. We had been out late yesterday and I had the sauce ready by the time the water was boiling – a quick and very easy dinner to make with what I had on hand.
Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
- 1 lb pasta (rotini or similar shape)
- 12 ounce block soft silken tofu
- 1¼ cups drained oil packed sun-dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp granulated garlic
- ¼ tsp kosher salt (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, cook the past as directed.
Meanwhile add everything else to a food processor bowl and whirl until creamy (you will have some flecks of tomatoes). Scrape into a saucepan and heat over medium-low until hot, season to taste.
Toss with the drained pasta and serve.
Serves about 4.