As my readers know….I love eating peanut noodles. And I am always looking for new versions. I came up with this one recently and I think it is my favorite so far!
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 large bell pepper (about 1 cup) seed and finely sliced
- 1 medium sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chunky natural peanut butter (used Adam’s)
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup lower sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce (vegan used)
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp dried powdered ginger
- 1 tsp dried chopped chives
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 pound spaghetti, broken in half (used Barilla Spaghetti Rigati)
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
In a medium mixing bowl whisk the sauce ingredients together until smooth.
Heat the oil over medium in a large non-stick skillet, add the vegetables and cook until tender crisp. Stir in the sauce and heat through on medium-low until bubbling gently. Turn off the heat.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the pasta and cook for time on package, drain well.
Toss the hot noodles with the sauce in the skillet and sprinkle on the sesame seeds.
Serves 3 to 4.