This is a very quick and flavorful pasta dish. In the time the water has boiled and cooked your spaghetti your sauce is ready!
Artichoke, Caper and Tuna Pasta
- 13.25 ounce package multigrain spaghetti, broken in half
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp roasted garlic (jarred)
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cups marinated artichokes hearts, mostly drained and chopped fine
- 2 Tbsp capers, drained
- 7 ounce can albacore tuna, drained and flaked
- ¼ cup Italian seasoned dry breadcrumbs
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the pasta and cook for time on package. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water and drain the pasta.
Meanwhile heat a large non-stick skillet over medium, add the oil, garlic and red pepper flakes, heat through till smelling good. Add in the artichokes (and any marinade left when chopping) and the tuna, turn to medium-low and let warm through as the pasta cooks.
Toss with the pasta and half of the reserved water, then sprinkle on the breadcrumbs and quickly toss to coat. If needed add a bit more reserved water as needed so the pasta is creamy.
Serves 3 to 4.