I am feeling too lazy to name this salad, let us call it “Couscous Salad Version 20” 😉 I make couscous based salads quite often – they go together quickly on Friday or Saturday night and we have a quick-lunch for the weekend!
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup lower sodium vegetable broth
- 15-ounce can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 8.75-ounce can corn, drained
- 1 roasted red bell pepper (half of a 12-ounce jar), rinsed and patted dry, finely chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp agave syrup
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
Place the couscous in a large glass mixing bowl, bring the broth to a boil. Pour the broth over the couscous, cover with a dinner plate and let sit for 10 minutes. Break up the couscous with a fork, then mix in the garbanzo beans, corn and peppers.
In a small glass mixing bowl whisk the dressing together. Pour over the salad and toss gently to combine. Serve warm or chill for a couple of hours before serving. Store in the refrigerator tightly wrapped.
Serves 4 to 6.